Editor vacancy - Arts Research Digest
We're recruiting for a new Editor to work with our Executive Director and Administrator in our Corbridge office.
This is an exciting time for the Digest as we move to digital delivery. We're looking for an in house Editor to join our team and work with our web designers and Executive Director to research and write the content for the Digest, and revamp this website into a research and information hub for the arts and culture sector around the world.
Editor, Arts Research Digest Online
Arts Research Digest is looking for an Editor to produce the Digest online, as part of our digital delivery development. Working with our web designers and Executive Director, the Editor will help develop new online initiatives and populate the website from our office in Corbridge, Northumberland.
The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level, enjoy working on the web, have editing, writing and blogging experience, and a sound knowledge and understanding of research in the arts and cultural sectors.
Hours: 21 hours a week, £13,104 pa.
- To work with the Board and Executive Director to develop the Digest as an indispensable digital resource for the users and producers of research in the cultural sector in the UK and abroad.
- To work with ARD’s Executive Director and web designers to develop a new portal for launch in September 2009.
- To produce six digital issues of Arts Research Digest per year.
- To identify, solicit, collate and select recent cultural sector research for inclusion in Arts Research Digest.
- To produce accurate, well written précis of research reports.
- To commission and edit occasional literature reviews and source potential authors in discussion with the Board.
- To maintain the Arts Research Digest website and populate it with news, events, links and monitor the online forum.
- To create and maintain a blog of arts research-related issues.
- Educated to degree level.
- Web experience – editing, writing, blogging.
- Good understanding of research and how it is conducted in the arts and cultural sectors.
- Sound knowledge of the arts and cultural sectors in the UK and internationally.
- A forward-looking, problem-solving individual.
- Able to work from the ARD’s office in Corbridge, Northumberland.
- Experienced at working to deadline and providing fast, accurate copy.
- Knowledge of the academic journal publishing sector.
- Knowledge of online publishing and working with Content Management Systems.
Please send your cv and a covering letter explaining why this would be an exciting opportunity for you to by Friday 1 May. Interviews will be Thursday 21 May.