Editor vacancy - Arts Research Digest
Fifteen years after the publication of its first issue, Arts Research Digest is going digital. Arts Research Digest is published by Arts Research Ltd, a charitable company and regularly funded organisation of Arts Council England, North East. We are looking for a can-do, web-savvy editor, with a demonstrable interest in research in the cultural sector, to become part of the Arts Research Digest team and to work with us in this exciting new phase for the Digest. This is a salaried post (21 hours per week) based in our Corbridge office, working alongside our Executive Director and our Administrator. The staff team works closely with the Board of trustees, chaired by Paul Allin.
The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level, have at least five years web experience (CMS publishing, editing, writing, blogging), and a sound knowledge and understanding of research in the arts and cultural sectors.
Hours: 21 hours a week, £13,104 pa.Job specification
- To work with the Board and Executive Director to develop the Digest as an indispensable digital resource for the users and producers of research in the cultural sector in the UK and abroad.
- To work with ARD’s Executive Director and IT consultant to develop a new portal for launch in September 2009.
- To produce six digital issues of Arts Research Digest per year.
- To identify, solicit, collate and select recent cultural sector research for inclusion in Arts Research Digest.
- To produce accurate, well written précis of research reports.
- To commission and edit occasional literature reviews and source potential authors in discussion with the Board.
- To maintain the Arts Research Digest website and populate it with news, events, links and monitor the online forum.
- To create and maintain a blog of arts research-related issues.
- To support the Executive Director in implementing our marketing strategy.
- Educated to degree level.
- At least five years web experience – publishing, editing, writing, blogging, marketing.
- Good understanding of research and how it is conducted in the arts and cultural sectors.
- Sound knowledge of the arts and cultural sectors in the UK and internationally.
- A forward-looking, problem-solving individual.
- Able to work from the ARD’s office in Corbridge, Northumberland.
- Experienced at working to deadline and providing fast, accurate copy.
- Knowledge of the academic journal publishing sector.
- Experience of working in the arts, museums, creative industries or related field.
Please send your cv and a covering letter explaining why this would be an exciting opportunity for you and outlining what you would bring to the role to by Friday 13 March 2009, interviews will be held in Corbridge on 3 April 2009.